Kangaroo-DIAG™ canine wet diet contains a limited number of highly digestible ingredients for a diagnostic elimination diet trial in dogs with suspected adverse reactions to food. Inclusion of one protein source and one carbohydrate source, with no other additions, results in a diet that is as close to home-formulation as possible. This diet is not completely balanced and is inappropriate for long-term feeding. It is intended for diagnostic purposes and should only be provided under the supervision of a veterinarian.
The air-drying process reduces the number of Advanced Glycation End-products (AGEs) present in food. AGEs are a by-product of food processing and may contribute to increased oxidant stress and inflammation.
Sale of this item is prohibited in California.
Dried chickpeas, kangaroo, mixed tocopherols, taurine, rosemary extract.
- One animal protein source (kangaroo)
- One carbohydrate source (potato)
- No animal fat, corn, or wheat (potential allergen sources)
- Low fat
- Elimination diet for the diagnosis of adverse reactions to food (dermatologic and gastrointestinal)
- Elimination diet for patients with fat-intolerant diseases (chronic pancreatitis, hyperlipidemia, protein-losing enteropathies, gastroenteropathies responsive to fat restriction)